By the way, Jay's awesome

SpaceOrb drivers and software discussions
Forum rules
vputz

By the way, Jay's awesome

Postby vputz » September 01 2017, 13:50 PM

Hey, random shout-out and deep thanks here. As you probably noticed in the past few days (see his message), his system got hit by a ransomware virus, and it's sure not worth $1000 to restore a couple months of SpaceOrb posts. But I wanted to really call him out--Jay's been hosting the spaceorb boards for gosh, about 20 years or so. Never met the guy, and he doesn't hardly post much, but he keeps these forums going as a favor to the community, and that's just awesome.

Jay, you've been just a huge help over the many years; thanks a ton. I'd like to PM you and at least give you an Orbotron (if you ever even think of using your SpaceOrb any more) if not a donation; we all owe you a lot of gratitude. Thanks!

vputz

Re: By the way, Jay's awesome

Postby vputz » September 01 2017, 13:56 PM

(not sure if the PM worked, Jay... it's sitting in my outbox, but seriously I'd like to donate).

jaycrowe

Postby jaycrowe » September 02 2017, 11:21 AM

Thanks Victor, I appreciate the shout-out. Keeping the messageboards alive is least I can do to support the effort you have continued to put towards the Orb.

No donations needed, and I certainly don't want any donations toward the ransomware. I have no intentions of trying to go that route, I didn't lose anything major. If anyone deserves donations, it's you! :D

PS - Your PM worked, btw

vputz

Postby vputz » September 03 2017, 17:48 PM

Sounds good (I was having some trouble with a couple in my outbox sitting there, but I think it was a space issue). Offer stays open though :)

Agent_13

Postby Agent_13 » September 25 2017, 22:34 PM

I second that! You are both awesome! I can't describe how much it means to me personally. The Orb would be dead if it were not for your efforts. Thank you both so much.

Return to “Spaceware Software”