SpaceOrb 360 (firmware 4.26) and Windows XP support

SpaceOrb drivers and software discussions
Forum rules
Hans

SpaceOrb 360 (firmware 4.26) and Windows XP support

Postby Hans » August 05 2006, 5:46 AM

Hi all, in 1996 I bought a SpaceOrb 360. Absolute magic as many of you will agree with. When I switched to WinXP, I had to store my Orb somewhere in a cupboard. Every one or two years I check in with Birdman's forum to see if XP support for my Orb has been realized. I have now installed the Spaceware software v5.10 beta 16 and have tried to install the hidsporb2_alpha drivers (dated 3/8/2005) that I dnloaded from Planethardware but alas, nothing goes. I know that (sofar) it has always been said that the Orb's firmware should be at least v4.35. As I have v4.26 that could be an explanation for my Orb not running. However, some have written that with the new drivers the firmware version is not relevant. My questions are therefore: (1) is it indeed no problem to have an older-firmware Spaceorb like mine (v4.26) get to work with WinXP? (2) Is anyone considering and possibly realizing the make of an adapted ("hacked" some would say...) version of the Orb's firmware to solve this problem? Very curious what you're going to reply... Thanks, Hans.

Hans

SpaceOrb 360 (firmware version 4.26) and WinXP support

Postby Hans » August 16 2006, 2:58 AM

Jay, thanks for your reply to my request. Having gone through your suggested reading material I guess I'll have to wait another year or so(?) to see if a solution comes up. Many thanks in advance for those who are still trying to figure this out!

Regards,

Hans

Return to “Spaceware Software”